Lots of people have been asking about automation. I floated the idea of doing a course and many people loved the idea.
But as you know, there’s a big difference between some passing comments, and real interest.
So today I’m running this by you to see:
- If you think this course will be helpful
- If there is actual value here for you
Why this exists
I’m lazy and don’t like doing work. I want you to do less work too.
Kidding. But only kind of.
Doing stuff that you shouldn’t be doing sucks. Doing unnecessary work sucks.
There are so many positives that have come out of the automation.
- Less time on rubbish tasks
- More time to work on things that you like doing
- Increasing efficiency in marketing – like only spending time on the best prospects
- Knowing that stuff is still happening when you’re chilling out somewhere
- Reducing errors in moving data between systems
This really got driven home for me when I’ve been around online business owners that can’t seem to ever stop working because there is “so much to do”.
You can be SO much more efficient with the right automation and processes. I’d like to help with that.
Real-world time savings
I see automation as a time investment. You spend say 1 hour to set something up that might only save 5 minutes per week.
After 12 weeks though, you’ve broken even and have 5 extra minutes a week.
Doesn’t sound like much at first, but this works out at 4.3 hours a year. If you value your time at $100/hr, that’s $430.
Every single automation you create can have this effect.
10 automations = $4300 savings. From a little over a day’s work.
This is simplified of course – not every automation takes 1 hour or saves exactly 5 minutes, but this is pretty representative of my experience so far
Who it is for
This course is intended for people that don’t know where to start with automation – particular Zapier. That’s the first tool I’ll focus on, because it saves me a shedload of time. Usually around 10,000 tasks per month run through my account.
To automate effectively, the person doing the automation needs to have an intimate understanding of the business and your processes.
So in my opinion, it’s best to have this skill set internal to your business. At the very least, you need a general understanding and know what is possible if you’d like to outsource it.
So this course will have 3 intended uses:
- For you – To learn automation to implement yourself and get some free time back
- For you – To learn what is possible so you can work with contractors
- For your staff – To train them up so they can do the automation
What it won't be
I can’t give you a step-by-step course. Like “click here, then do this, then do this”. There are so many things you can do and different combinations of tools that it is impossible to give you a blueprint.
Automation requires thinking through problems and trying to work out how to solve them. It’s a combination of knowing what is possible and problem solving. So if you’re looking for a step-by-step to automate everything in your business, this won’t be it.
What it WILL be
All that said, we can accelerate your learning in automation by showing you:
- Core automation concepts
- How Zapier works
- Cool examples that you can try*
- Quick wins*
- How to come up with ideas of what to automate
- Advanced concepts to build Zaps for tools that Zapier doesn’t even have an “app” for
If you’ve got this far, you understand the value of automation and that this won’t be a magical guide that automates everything in your business.
Cool. Let’s get into what I think should be in the course. This is not set in stone. This is what I’d love your thoughts on.
Module 1 – Quick wins & what’s possible
- My favorite zaps that you can implement right away
- Ideas to get your mind going
Module 2 – What to automate
- Generating ideas of what to automate
- Looking at your business
- Exploring automation directories
Module 3 – First steps
- Core concepts
- What is a Zap
- Basic zap components
- Creating your first Zap
Module 4 – Exploration
- Exploring the apps you already use
Module 5 – Building blocks
- Creating multi-step Zaps
- How tasks work
- Dig into the important Zapier building blocks
- Helpful tricks in working with data
Module 6 – Built-in apps
- Deep dive into Zapier’s built-in apps (8-10 videos)
I’ve been told that the first course should stop here as not to overwhelm. The remaining modules may come as another course.
Module 7 – Advanced concepts
- Why this is important and the possibilities it opens up
- Rest APIs
Module 8 – Advanced Zapier
- More complex built-in apps
- Using Code by Zapier
- Data lookup with Google Sheets
- Preventing multiple firing
- Line items
- Walkthroughs of some of my favourite and most time saving zaps
- Other tools that save me tons of time
Over to you
This is the important part!
Please fill out the form below and let me know your thoughts. If you choose to sign up, you’ll get access to a special pre-launch price before anyone else at around 75% off.